Every year, tens of thousands of young children are diagnosed with disorders that make it difficult for them to absorb the external world. Parents of sensory kids, like those with sensory processing disorder, anxiety disorder, ADD/ADHD, autism, bipolar disorder, and OCD, often feel frustrated and overwhelmed-creating stress in everyday life for the whole family. Now, with The Sensory Child Gets Organized, there's help and hope.
As a professional organizer and parent of a sensory child, Carolyn Dalgliesh knows firsthand the struggles parents face in trying to bring out the best in their rigid, anxious, and distracted children. She has spent countless hours working with families to provide simple, effective solutions that help these kids thrive at home and in their day-to-day activities. In this book, you'll learn how to:
· Understand what makes your sensory child tick
· Create harmonious spaces through sensory organizing
· Use structure and routines to connect with your child
· Prepare your child for social and school experiences
· Develop tools that build confidence and independence
· Make travel a successful and fun-filled journey
With The Sensory Child Gets Organized, parents get an easy-to-follow roadmap to success for their sensory child. With experience, skill, and generosity, Carolyn shares her leading-edge organizing model that bridges the gap between clinical support and practical in-home solutions. Her proven systems make life easier-and more fun-for your entire family.